La Posada Pet Policies
We realize that pets are an important part of many families and we encourage families to travel together. However, traveling with pets brings responsibilities for both the owners and the hosts. To make this work for ALL our guests, we welcome your pets to La Posada under these conditions:
- Guests with pets will be charged $10 additional per visit.
- Pets must be housetrained. Be sure your pets get outside often enough to do their duty! It is YOUR responsibility to clean up, so please familiarize yourself with scooper locations. Owners will be charged for any damages related to a lack of house training.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times while within the hotel. Once outside, pets should use the south lawn only. Please keep your pets out of the Sunken Garden, entry garden, and flowerbeds.
- Keep your pets with you when possible. The only place they can’t go inside the hotel is the Turquoise Room. Pets cannot be left unattended and yapping in your room. Please leave them with a member of your party or in your car.
- Owners MUST leave a cell phone number so we can reach you with any pet-related issues. Some animals like to talk — especially when in a strange place — which isn’t fair to other guests. If you leave a dog barking in your room, you will be asked to leave La Posada and will forfeit any room charges or deposit for the distress of our guests and staff. We certainly don’t want that so PLEASE be a responsible pet owner and keep them with you or in your car!
- Owners must pay in full for the replacement or repair of any items damaged by their pets at La Posada, and agree that such costs, if any, may be charged to their credit card on file. Owners will be sent an itemized inventory of any charged damages.
- Owners agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless La Posada from liability for any costs related in any way to the presence of their pets at La Posada, including issues with other pets. There will be a $50 disturbance fee applied to the credit card =n file due to any guest complaints not handled promptly by the owner or for a dog left barking in a room when the owner is out.